Tuesday, May 17, 2011

American Wife

My name is Lucy Darla Smith. My husband has recently been sent to fight in the war in Vietnam. I met my husband when I was 18 years old back in 1938. We got married when I turned 24 in 1944. I was born on July 10, 1920. Since my husband went to war I've had to step up and provide for our 2 children, Jonathan and Joshua. I currently now work in a factory while my two boys are left in daycare. When I leave from work I pick up my children and we go home. My husband has now been in the war for a year now and is dearly missed. I am now 40 and it is 1960. My young boys are now 4 and 6. They attend the Blue Sunset Daycare. When I don't have to go to work I spend time with my kids who miss their father. I look back to the day where he was drafted to join this war. . . and I wish it never happened. I am an American Wife.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I understand what you have been through. As a nurse I've experienced many loses in war and it is unbarable. I wish you luck with your 2 children.